Monday, May 3, 2010

It's hard to do a sit up when you're drowning

I did it…mostly. I did all of the exercises on the Fortradvd; if by all you don't include a lot of the reps and an entire section labeled 'the next level,' then I did all of the exercises. I feel good after having done them, cleaner.


Of course I had to pause the video a couple of times to catch my breath and to get resituated as the video progressed. There were a couple of exercises that I just couldn't do, something about having a belly getting in the way of me kicking the ceiling. I did my best though and ended up mostly kicking the wall.


After the workout, I'm not ashamed to say that I collapsed and let myself just become a puddle of goo. My heart was pounding, sweat was pouring off of me in rivulets, and I experienced a weakness of the muscles that comes with a good exertion.


I can't even write with a pen, my handwriting has gone from bad to illegible. I can feel it now, the pain is going to be overwhelming once my body realizes what I'm doing to it. I plan on doing this again on Wednesday and then on Friday.


Now that I have the exercise program in place and I'm working on improving my overall health and sexual appeal, I would like to touch on a few other topics about myself that all single men should take into consideration.


How we appear: I'm guilty of it, giving myself the once over in the morning and thinking I'm some sexy stuff with my rumpled hair and day old stubble. The sad fact is that I don't look like Brad Pitt at his worst when I'm at my best, none of us do. So why am I neglecting the things that will get my foot in the door with the people that I want to attract?


I'm not actually. But for the sake of argument and discussion, let's examine what I need to address to make sure that the presentation of me is the best that I can do as if I were ignoring it all.


One of the first things that women notice is a guy's hair. Is it messy? Does it fit my head? When was the last time I had it cut? Would it look better on an older man? All questions to be answered.


Right now, my hair is a bit longer than what I'm used to. I have widow's peak that makes it look as if I have a receding hairline. When I was younger I liked dressing up as Dracula for Halloween, so it wasn't an issue then. Now that I'm older though, looking as if you're about to go bald isn't the hottest look in town. My plan is to find a good stylist and get a professional opinion on what my next hairstyle should be.


I'm also looking for the hairs growing out of my face. Any odd, rogue hairs popping out of unusual places? Pluck ‘em, and I have to be sure to shave more than once a week.


They say that the clothes make the man and they're right. I have to go through and look at all my clothes to make sure that they are in good condition and that I don't need to go visit the seamstress. I also have to confirm that they fit me well.


Being a larger man has certain advantages, but clothing is not one of them. Being built like a small mountain often means that the most effort many designers have put into designing for the bigger man is to put some interesting graphics on the drapery that we are presented with. So what clothes I do find that fit and look good on me, I treat as if they are more precious than gold. Cause they are just as expensive.


The next thing that I have to look at is my shoes. Are they nice, or are they really comfortable and torn to hell? Trust me, given the option, I would go for the comfort of a favorite pair of shoes over the discomfort of a better looking pair, but women are often not given this option.


Why go through all this trouble? Because women do it for us all the time, to the point that they do it subconsciously now. It is only common courtesy that I should do it for them. Trust me when I say that they will notice; they won't say anything right away, but they will appreciate that you have taken the time to adjust your appearance for them.


Our appearance says a lot to everybody who looks at us. Subtle clues that say a lot about us: do we take ourselves seriously? Are we mature? How I dress is going to tell her so much about me even before I've had a chance to say hello.

Think of your body as a house: the physical condition of the house is your health, the yard as your hair, and the paint as your clothing. You know those condemned houses that nobody wants to look at? They're falling apart at the seams and the yard is overgrown and the paint is cracking and in need of a fresh coat?


Compare that to the houses on Nob Hill. Structurally sound, immaculate yards, and paint so meticulous that you couldn't find a crack in them for years to come. Which would you like to put the down payment on?


I'm off to repair my structure and mow the yard. Till next time.


Breaking news


My place of employment has been flooded. So the blog will continue as normal, but any actual dates or anything that requires money will probably not happen until I find new work or I start making money with my online skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment